HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Greetings and Salutations ALL!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Songbirdy

PostSubject: Greetings and Salutations ALL!   Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:15 pm

Just a quick intro Smile

Name is Beth Todd ( Songbirdy)  I am a fairly recent immigrant to the USA ( 2007) from England. Came here to meet up with a 'friend' , ended up marrying him! * snort*  We live in the backwoods of West Virginia, which was / is a bit of culture shock having been a city girl all my life! Where we are they don't even have public transport save for a 'bus' ( more like a kitted out transit van  Rolling Eyes  ) that winds its way through here every few hours and stops running at 4.30 pm.  We don't get out much socially but if we do it's generally to the local bar, which is more of a bikers clubhouse. Yes this is Harley country and  most of the transport is on two wheels Smile

I have been into digi art in one form or another for about 8 years or so. I am not a traditional scrapper as such, I just love to dabble in photoshop - it keeps me sane! When I am not playing in photoshop, then you can usually find me with my head in a book, listening music ( northern soul, mod and funk is my groove - though I do like to rock out when the mood takes me) or just vegging out with a good movie!

I LOVE ( in no particular order): thai food, football ( the one's you yanks call soccer  silent ), classic B&W movies, Monty Python, sarcastic people, music, photoshop, reading, poetry, ANYTHING vintage from cars to photographs to clothes, cats, me time, good wine and company ( which invariably results in wonderful discussions everything from the meaning of life to current political issues), people who have opinions and are not afraid to express them, crazy women, Prague!  oh and lots more besides!

I DISLIKE :  the insect critters that invade our 'shack' - EEEk! , the baths here because they are so dang SMALL! ( or maybe I just got bigger! ) being so far away from home, early mornings ( I am an night owl) , losing at ANY board game ( which happens a LOT! grrr)  - well you get the drift   Wink  

I WISH : there was more than 24 hours in a day, that it could be Halloween EVERY week! , that I could have another life after this one ( how cool would that be - to get a do over! ), that I could blink my eyes, click my heels and hop back and forth between here and the UK, that the whole world would just chill and hug each other instead of killing - oh yeah and an end to world hunger and poverty wouldn't go amiss too!

So that's me - an abridged version anyways.

Happy to meet you all  cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations ALL!   Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:27 pm

I LOVE ( in no particular order): thai food, football ( the one's you yanks call soccer silent ), classic B&W movies, Monty Python, sarcastic people, music, photoshop, reading, poetry, ANYTHING vintage from cars to photographs to clothes, cats, me time, good wine and company ( which invariably results in wonderful discussions everything from the meaning of life to current political issues), people who have opinions and are not afraid to express them, crazy women, Prague! oh and lots more besides! wrote:
Oh Beth! I could quote all stuff you listed in like list Smile I love vintage stuff...from old shoes to old underwear Wink
This is interesting story how you marry you husband. I also immigrate to other country and know how it is to miss your family and old friend... Welcome on forum.

Back to top Go down
http://www.polish-your-art.com
Songbirdy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations ALL!   Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome Marta ( and for letting me join in the fun! ) cheers

hehehe see we have such a lot in common already! If it's vintage - then it has my attention - corsets and all. Oh and vintage hats! YUMMY! I had a collection of vintage pillbox hats to die for! I would wear them any opportunity I had < sigh > clothes were so much more fun back then! I also adore 60's 'mod' clothes - so sharp and ultra cool! Cool

Yes, the things we do for love < sigh > It is hard leaving family and friends behind, starting a new life in a different country, but we go where the heart leads us - be nice if we could have had it all in the same place though Smile

I just snagged the new collection - looks AWESOME! Sorry I am a bit late to the party but I am up and running now! albino

Thanks once again for having me here - it is going to be a blast!

I love you
Back to top Go down
Nonni_f

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations ALL!   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:50 am

WELCOME, BETH!!!!

Glad you joined us!!! I can't wait to see what you create!

How did I not know of your love of Monty Python?

"It's just a flesh wound!"

Have a fab day!

Happy Creating!!!

Love,
Arline
Back to top Go down
http://www.knockinginmynoggin.blogspot.com
TangledBlueRose

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations ALL!   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi Beth!

So awesome to see you here! Your writing and art are so awesome! 

I love your story and absolute pure enthusiasm! Wonderful!

~kim
Back to top Go down
http://tangledbluerose.blogspot.com
lulutoo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations ALL!   Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:53 am

Hi Beth, welcome! Marta and I have talked about Monty Python before... and now for something completely different. LOL Her promotional videos always remind me of it. I don't watch it anymore (the reruns), but I did as a teen. I am also on the CT of Kristmess Designs (Kristina Messier, sells at Gottapixel), who lives in Quebec, but is from the UK. She also misses home so much. Of course, it's even more so for her I think when surrounded by French people. So nice to be able to keep in touch via internet, though, right? I used to have a pen pal from the UK and I have no idea how long the snail mail letters took, but I'm sure weeks at least!
Back to top Go down
annlavin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations ALL!   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi Beth awesome to see you here!! I love your intro you are so much fun Very Happy
Hope all is well with you and yours I love you

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations ALL!   

Back to top Go down

Greetings and Salutations ALL!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1